By Jesper — maart 6th, 2017
Today like to briefly update you on the eMMC flash storage and the D2WG Intel Chipset used in the Ockel Sirius A.
Last week we received a couple of questions about the storage solutions we will be using for the Ockel Sirius A and Ockel Sirius A Pro.
We can confirm that we will be integrating the eMMC version 5 protocol in the Ockel Sirius A and Sirius A Pro. The eMMC version 5 protocol is currently the fastest eMMC solution available and significantly faster than eMMC 4.5, which is commonly used.
D2WG Intel chip
Size matters and fitting all components in the casing of the Ockel Sirius A and Sirius A Pro is a challenge. At Ockel we love challenges and we’ve decided to implement one of the best WiFi chips available on the market, the Intel 3165 WiFi chip.
Intel’s 3165 D2WG WiFi chip offers a perfect combination when it comes to power efficiency, speed and form factor. As you know, space is limited in our ultra small computer, so we prefer all components to be as small as possible.
Ockel Sirius A users will benefit from a stable WiFi AC signal with speeds up to 433Mbps and in addition to that this chip also provides the Bluetooth signal to connect all your Bluetooth devices with the Ockel Sirius A.
- Monthly Update - January 2020
- SCAM WARNING: Fraud Websites Are Misusing Ockel Sirius A
- Monthly Update - December 2019
- Monthly Update - October 2019
- 6 Benefits of VPN for Ockel Sirius A Users
- Monthly Update - September 2019
- Monthly Update - August 2019
- Monthly Update - July 2019
- Monthly Update - June 2019
- Monthly Update - May 2019